Thursday, October 10, 2013

Upgrades for Rusty's Westy before going to Finnon Reservoir

This is my first post on a blog and I have no idea what I am doing but here it goes.
Thought I would post some upgrades for the Westy that my wife has been wanting before our trip to Placerville, Ca.

 The passengers side had no arm rest so I went out and found this in the shed and put it on the door.  Solid arm rest plus the arm rest I made from a broken chair.  Now she has what she calls a Captains Chair.  See pictures below.                                                                                                                                                    



 Head rest located and in place.


 Front bumper reworked and painted.  One large puncture hole you can see but looks good.  The picture below is the rear bumper reworked.  It was really in bad shape and turned out nice. Also notice the hitch I put in with the help of my son, (the welder in the family).


Added a rolling basket from Ikea (nice).


Placed a pull out container under the sink and covered up the old wires and water pump.



Got this bike carrier for $15 at a yard sale...worked great going to Yosemite.


Added a water pump and switch to the sink.


Air conditioner.


Great for camping and it matches the color


Went to the barn of a friend and picked up my dune buggy (built it 20 years ago) and still looks good and runs well.  I will need to do a ring job this winter.

It has a simple 1600 cc single port 30 PICT carb.  1960 frame and 65 engine.  What a joy to drive.

Well there it is, my first blog prepping for a week away in a few days

No comments:

Post a Comment